There’s nothing like being in the presence of a Real Man. Even if you’re not in a relationship with that man, it just make me (as a woman) appreciate the fact that there are still good men out there that know how to treat a woman. The other day on Boris Kodjoe’s twitter feed, he posted this. Enjoy ladies…Men take notes!!
Boris’s Twitter Post:
– Embrace your imperfections
– Laugh at yourself. A woman likes a man who doesn’t take himself too serious.
– Fix or build something with your hands. It’ll show her that you are capable of taking care of a home.
– Know how to cook and clean. It’ll show her that you don’t need her but that you WANT her.
– Get your passport and travel. A man needs to see the world.
– Communicate without cursing. You don’t need to curse to make a point. Cursing shows lack of substance.
– In bed, take care of your woman first. When she’s satisfied you are DA MAN!!!
– Stay in shape. It’ll show her that you care about yourself and therefore are able to care about her.
– Take care of your responsibilities. Anything less is unacceptable. A boy is irresponsible, not a man.
– Open her door and pull out her chair. It shows her that you honor traditional values. Trust me, she will do the same.
– Be present! Take her in with your eyes and ears. Your attention will make her feel loved and she won’t ever nag you.
– Read a f—ing book! (Sorry, violation of ‘no cursing’ rule) But seriously, ignorance is a major turn-off. Book on tape will do.
– Have an ambition. You don’t need to be rich but you need to show direction and motivation. Keep a job!
– Last one for today: Treat a woman the way you would want your daughter to be treated. Anything less is unacceptable.”
Ladies don’t settle for the FOOLISHNESS some men try to give you…What you compromise to get, you will have to compromise to keep (in a negative way). There are still good guys out there. Thanks Boris for sharing and being an example!!
Until the next time stay, “Beautiful, Sassy, and Sophisticated”!!
Shemmyla Green aka Ms. Sophisticated